2015 Lambing

2015 Lambing

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

First project on my knitting machine!

I am so excited about my new knitting machine.  I recently purchased a Studio 328 from a wonderful lady in Greeley.  The Studio 328 is a metal bed, standard gauge knitting machine that has a 24 stitch punch card reader.  Remember that I am an avid hand knitter so the world of machine knitting is all new to me.  I recently heard about knitting machines and I was very curious about how they worked and what you could make on them.  After getting my knitting machine home, I couldn't wait to try it out.  I decided to make a hooded fulled sweater for Bryan.  I had some natural dark brown wool from our sheep that was ready to be made into something.  Getting started for the first time was a little tricky but once you get knitting the garment grows incredibly quickly.  Here are a couple of photos of Bryan wearing his new hooded fulled sweater.  Now he wears it all the time and the sweater is perfect of spring in Wyoming!

Bryan doing chores wearing his new sweater.

Bryan and Nyx in the barn.  Nyx is our 4 month old Great Pyrenees who is learning to guard the sheep.  Bryan is wearing his new hooded fulled sweater I made on our knitting machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment